Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It has been a while

As you can see, it has been a while since I last posted. Where have I been? What have I been doing? Does it matter? Did it serve a purpose? Do you care?

I have been spending my time meeting new people. Seeing new places. Experiencing a different world all together. And don't think it is not a world unto it's own. I have been playing an online MMORPG game for the last 6 months. Some would say it a waste of time. But for those who play in this world, it is for some their reality. While the world that you live in is just a temporary space to house the mind that is lost in this virtual world.

I have met many new people from around the world. I have new friends now in Turkey, Poland, Germany, England, Australia. I talk to them more than the friends I have known for 20 years. We are all the same. We live in different places but we all require the same things. The need to be needed or useful. The need to rule. The need to destroy or create. The need to not be alone.

The Lord has continued to teach me through the people I have met. And I hope to use me to touch others lives.

I have found that even though these are characters in a game, the true personality of the person is carried down into the game. Whether it be hate, compassion, friendship, or competitiveness.
I have met many people I like, but only a few I can stand. But the ones that don't conform to the masses are hunted and persecuted. Just as in real life. Being different or tyrannical is not acceptable in game or in real life.

No comments: