Tuesday, March 08, 2005

“ [The God of All Comfort ]Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. ”- 2 Corinthians 1:3,4 How true this is. I have learned, unfortunately the hard way sometimes, that everything I have gone through is to teach me how to be compassionate to others. Not to judge, but only to love. How hard this is to do. We are programmed from a very early age to judge others. We see situations others are going through and we decide what we would do in that situation and judge that person accordingly. How wrong this is! I judged someone once. I did not agree with how they were handling their problems. I judged them. "Judge not, lest ye be judged." And I was. I lived that persons life for a year. It was horrible and I did not do it the way I told the other person. I folded from the pain of it. I lost my hope. I felt abandoned from the Lord. But he taught me well and I am stronger for it now. I am leary now of giving other people advice. I am becoming a better listener and praying for the person instead. If we all could take a moment before opening our mouths and open our hearts and let the compassion and hope of faith guide us. How much better we would all be.

I pray Lord that you shall guide me in my everyday life. It is time for a new beginning. I know that my life is ready to change again. Rather than fight it, with your strength I shall try to embrace it. My husband told me he is afraid I am going to turn into a vegetable sitting at home everyday alone with no purpose. So Lord I am waiting for your purpose to be revealed to me. I have thought of many ideals to start a home based business. But I realize I need to do something that reflects who I am and is different than someone else's ideal. Guide me Lord in my search for excellence. Not with myself, but myself within your will. May I be an example of your glory and not my own. Amen.

No comments: